Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: UP4DAR Support Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

28.06.2014, 00:17

New product RMU V2.0 was introduced on HamRadio 2014

Dear all,

I am proud to inform you, that today on the HamRadio 2014, Philipp OE2AIP and I introduced the new product in the UP4DAR project.
This is the small TX/RX-Boardextension, called "RMU V2.0".

Here the main technical data:
  • Frequency range 137MHz ... 160MHz and 410MHz...480MHz
  • RF Output level 30mW
  • Suppression of 1st Harmonic mind. 60dB (in official amateur radio bands)
  • Sensitivity -120dBm
  • Voltage 3.3V
  • Power Consumption TX (70cm): 80mA, TX (2m): 92mA, RX: 30mA

The RMU V2.0 will be available in our shop until end of July.

73 de Denis DL3OCK

BlueSky

Schüler

Beruf: ja

• Nachricht senden

28.06.2014, 12:27

just wow!!!!

Bin gespannt, wie das so läuft. Hochinteressante Sache und wahrscheinlich Alleinstellungsmerkmal.

Gruss
Jens

dl1bh

Berater

Beruf: Pensionär (ehemaliger Polizeibeamter)

• Nachricht senden

29.06.2014, 07:32

RE

Yes, in the moment only for the Ham Radio,
but soon in the shop,

Stef., DL 1 BH

davebb

Anfänger

Beruf: PROTOTYPE WIREMAN

• Nachricht senden

07.07.2014, 09:33

Hi can you please tell me the cost of this radio and will it mount inside the up4dar,
are there any photos of the unit?
Thanks Dave

07.07.2014, 09:41

Hi Dave,

the module will be launched apprx. at end of july, price apprx. 100 EUR. The module will be mounted directly on the UP4DAR-Board.

For photo: See the german part of this forum: RMU V2.0 auf der HamRadio 2014 vorgestellt

Hope that helps

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

29.07.2014, 20:47

Hi, really nice work with this new expansion board for up4dar!

Can you please answer two questions to me?
- How do you program/change the frequencies?
- If you install this board extension, will you be able to use the external radio too?

Thank you for the answers and keep up the work.

73, Libor OK1ALX
Libor, OK1ALX | home QTH - Hostovlice, JN79RU | my current location

29.07.2014, 21:58

Hi Libor,
- If you install this board extension, will you be able to use the external radio too?
In the german part of this forum Denis made some explanations for the repeater mode with the RMU installed (RMU V2.0 auf der HamRadio 2014 vorgestellt). In that thread he mentioned, that the RMU can be disabled and enabled - IMHO there will be a new firmware with settings to switch the RMU on/off, set frequency and so on.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

pe1olm

Anfänger

Beruf: Electricien

• Nachricht senden

30.07.2014, 11:28

Looks Great Dennis

But i have a question about the 3.0v to 3.3v is that to do by myself .
Because sending to your service cost me more.
and is there a manual whit the module .

30.07.2014, 13:34

Hi,

if you have a look on the electrical schematic you will see on the first page you will see the 3.0V LDO. This is the old voltage for a radio module, which was never available for the public.
The current Radio Module for UP4dAR, RMU V2.0 needs 3.3V in order to transmit with 30mW. For this you have to remove the LDO and short cut the Input-pad with the output-pad.

I do not know if you can do it by your own....

My recommendation is to send it to us.

73 de Denis OE/DL3OCK

30.07.2014, 20:54

Hi Libor,
In the german part of this forum Denis made some explanations for the repeater mode with the RMU installed (RMU V2.0 auf der HamRadio 2014 vorgestellt). In that thread he mentioned, that the RMU can be disabled and enabled - IMHO there will be a new firmware with settings to switch the RMU on/off, set frequency and so on.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH
hi, thank you for guiding me to the german part of the forum, unfortunately i dont speak german :(
I tried google translator and if i understand corectly, then:
- in hotspot mode the UP4DAR works fully through RMU
- in repeater mode RMU works as RX and external radio as TX
- if i disable the RMU, which i don't know how atm ;-) , everything work like there is no RMU?
- there is planned new firmware version with RMU support to fully operate frequencies, PWR?, disable/enable the RMU
so there goes my additional questions:
- how does the UP4DAR works in modem mode with RMU installed?

Thank you for your time!

73, Libor OK1ALX

03.08.2014, 21:10

Hi Libor,

- if i disable the RMU, which i don't know how atm ;-) , everything work like there is no RMU?
- there is planned new firmware version with RMU support to fully operate frequencies, PWR?, disable/enable the RMU

just updated my UP4DAR here to S.1.01.37e and can provide a screenshot now:

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH
»OE7BSH« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • SAM_2975.JPG (35,74 kB - 32 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 10.06.2016, 13:27)

05.08.2014, 23:27

Well, it looks good. I have already tried the firmware myself.

I was already about to order the RMU, but for some reason the paypal pay method doesn't wrok for me. Anyone have the same problem?

05.08.2014, 23:31

Hi Libor
I was already about to order the RMU, but for some reason the paypal pay method doesn't wrok for me. Anyone have the same problem?
I used paypal to pay my RMU order without any problems.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

06.08.2014, 07:29

Hi Libor,

I do not know, why you have problems with PayPal. I had a look into the settings. The Czech Republic is in the PayPal white list. So, it should work. If not, I have a work around for you. Place a normal order with the payment method "Überweisung" and send the invoice amount PLUS 5EUR directly via PayPal on your usual way to "info@bederov.de".

73 de Denis DL3OCK

06.08.2014, 08:02

Hi Libor,

I do not know, why you have problems with PayPal. I had a look into the settings. The Czech Republic is in the PayPal white list. So, it should work. If not, I have a work around for you. Place a normal order with the payment method "Überweisung" and send the invoice amount PLUS 5EUR directly via PayPal on your usual way to "info@bederov.de".

73 de Denis DL3OCK
Hi Denis, my deepest apology.
As usual the problem was on my side. This transaction required different settings of my credit card it seems, which is strange because i use paypal on ebay quite often without any issues and even last transaction was few days ago too...
Anyway, thanks for help, the transaction was done normaly now and iam looking forward for the package :-)

10.08.2014, 22:51

How to program the frequencies

Hi, really nice work with this new expansion board for up4dar!

Thank you for the answers and keep up the work.

73, Libor OK1ALX
I just installed the RMU v2.0 board, and I had the same question, on how to program the frequencies.

Well, I just updated the firmware with P.0.02.23.bin, and voila, the frequencies could be adjusted via the buttons on the UP4DAR.

Just update you UP4DAR and you are ready to roll!!

Rgd
Robbert / PA3BKL

dl1bh

Berater

Beruf: Pensionär (ehemaliger Polizeibeamter)

• Nachricht senden

11.08.2014, 11:02

Re: RMU

Denis and myself wrote it some times,

to run the rmu V 2.0 you need both Softwares:
the S (version 37e) and the P (version 23);

and, yes, with a build in rmu you can also use an external TRX in every mode,
but therefore you have to disable the rmu in the menue.

Stef., DL 1 BH

11.08.2014, 11:59

and, yes, with a build in rmu you can also use an external TRX in every mode,
but therefore you have to disable the rmu in the menue.

Stef., DL 1 BH
Thank you for the final clarification, already looking forward for the package with RMU :-)

DL7AHD

Anfänger

Beruf: Privatier

• Nachricht senden

20.08.2014, 10:31

Up4Dar & Rmu

So kann berichten das der Hotspot mit RMU klappt. Alles schön
73 DL7AHD
:D :D

davebb

Anfänger

Beruf: PROTOTYPE WIREMAN

• Nachricht senden

16.01.2015, 00:04

3v ldo reg i have to remove ,is it IC16

Hi just getting reedy for when my RMU arrives is the 3v ldo reg i have to remove IC16
Thanks Dave Browne 2E0DMB