Release note S.1.01.39e and C.1.00.10e

• Hi,

just want to direct you to the announcement of a new OS and configurator in the german-speaking part of this forum: Neue Version S.1.01.39e und C.1.00.10e

Just a short inofficial translation:

Due to the work of Michael DL1BFF und Ralf DL2MRB the following new features are available:

Configurator C.1.00.10e

* With the new configurator you can change the settings of an installed RMU via configurator remotely (up to now only via UP4DAR).
    * A new window NodeInfo aka RepeaterInfo is added to the configurator, which will be completed in later versions.

OS S.1.01.39e
    * Status information can now also be requested with URCALL " I" (India on the 8th letter of the URCALL-command). Up to now only DTMF "0" was possible.
    * An UP4DAR-repeater marks its feedback now with extension /RPTR
    * An UP4DAR-hot spot marks its feedback now with extension /SPOT
    * It is now necessary to set RPT2 with "Repeater callsign G" otherwise the transmission will not be forwarded to the reflector and will only be heard on the local repeater
    * DPRS: In repeater- and hot spot-mode all incoming transmissions are checked for GPS data. Correct GPS data DV-A will be forwarded to the APRS-network like aprs.fi

Thanks for the new versions!

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi

first of all thank you again for your work guys! The changes are really promising and i like every new feature :)

I have loaded the new firmware, tested it and found several thing:
    :: When requesting status with URCALL "I", the response is almost immediate, no matter if the RX frequency is still busy or not.
    :: RPT2 works only for repeater, not for hotspot mode, is it bug or feature?
    :: RPT1 must be set to B module all the time, no matter what module letter is selected for the connection to reflector (in my case C)
    :: When the GPS is used, in most cases, the Message shown on reflector dashboard is replaced by part of APRS string (look at the screenshots). In the same time the message is correct at the other stations's radios. So it seems the reflector is acting weird, at least at the czech reflector.
    :: DPRS is gated to APRSIS, no matter if the station using correct RPT1/2, bug ur feature?

73, Libor OK1ALX

Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg

• Hi Libor,

Hi:
    :: When requesting status with URCALL "I", the response is almost immediate, no matter if the RX frequency is still busy or not.

Only in repeater mode or?

:: RPT2 works only for repeater, not for hotspot mode, is it bug or feature?

Feature - for hotspot mode you have to set usually RPT1 and RPT2 to DIRECT

:: RPT1 must be set to B module all the time, no matter what module letter is selected for the connection to reflector (in my case C)

Maybe different settings in the menus MODE SET and CALLSIGN?

:: DPRS is gated to APRSIS, no matter if the station using correct RPT1/2, bug ur feature?

Not sure, but IMHO the UP4DAR is some kind of "igate" and forwards all received DV-A data to the APRS world :-)

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi Bernd, thanks for reaction

Only in repeater mode or?

Both, in repeater and hotspot mode. I've tried the behaviour in repeater mode as well as hotspot mode.
    In repeater mode, if i keep pressing the PTT with the "I" command for a few seconds, then release it, i don't even get a ack at all. If i release the PTT shortly after sending the "I" command, i get the right response with status.
    In hotspot mode, if i keep pressing the PTT with the "I" command for a few seconds, ti keeps periodicaly transmit and receive while pressing the PTT. If i release the PTT shortly after sending the "I" command, i get the right response with status message again.

Feature - for hotspot mode you have to set usually RPT1 and RPT2 to DIRECT

Well, i thought its a feature. Personaly, i would prefer the settings of RPT1/2 for hotspot mode as well.

Maybe different settings in the menus MODE SET and CALLSIGN?

Not sure what do you mean exactly?

Not sure, but IMHO the UP4DAR is some kind of "igate" and forwards all received DV-A data to the APRS world :-)

Well this is fine, i can live with that and i don't see it an issue. Just wanted to point it out in case of bug :)

73 Libor, OK1ALX

• Hi,

Both, in repeater and hotspot mode. I've tried the behaviour in repeater mode as well as hotspot mode.
    In repeater mode, if i keep pressing the PTT with the "I" command for a few seconds, then release it, i don't even get a ack at all. If i release the PTT shortly after sending the "I" command, i get the right response with status.
    In hotspot mode, if i keep pressing the PTT with the "I" command for a few seconds, ti keeps periodicaly transmit and receive while pressing the PTT. If i release the PTT shortly after sending the "I" command, i get the right response with status message again.

This behavior is wrong. This is a bug, which will be fixed soon.

In the next time I will release a graphical chart, which demonstrate how the RPT1, RPT2 and some other settings should be used according to our
    understanding (UP4DAR team). Based on this chart, we will change/fix/improve all modes of UP4DAR.

73 de Denis DL3OCK