DPRS support

• Hi,
    I am using my UP4DAR as an IP-reflector when I am traveling around Europe therefor I bought a GPS mouse in the Bederov shop, to connect to my UP4DAR assuming it would send DPRS information to the APRS network.
    Unfortunately the DPRS support is removed from the software, as I found out later. Only GPS display information is working.
    I reverted back to Version S.1.01.30 as this is the latest version with DPRS working.
    Now with increasing use of the D-extra networks in The Netherlands, I found out that this older version uses a different DNS system to resolve the XRF reflectors then the newer versions with the result that I can't connect to many 'new' XRF reflectors.
    Is there any information when DPRS is activated again in the new software versions, or is there any alternative?
    Kind regards,
    Frank (PE0FK)

• Hi Timm,

Thanks for looking into this problem and the explanation. It is clear now.
    Is there by any chance a time indication about when then new firmware will be released with a fully functioning DPRS?

Kind regards,
    Frank (PE0FK)

• Hi Timm,

I added a Host(A) record into the DNS server of my local network server which points xrf088.reflector.ircddb.net to the right IP adress.
    This results in correct resolving of the ip address in the UP4DAR, and I can connect to XRF088. It is not an ideal situation, but it works for now.
    Nevertheless remains the question about when DPRS will be fully integrated into the firmware?

Kind regards,
    Frank (PE0FK)