Will DPLUS ever be supported, and stand alone support for modem?

• The latest firmware updates have really been a joy to use. Finally we can start using the UP4DAR as repeater and hotspot.
    Two big questions remain:

A/ Will DPLUS ever be supported to work the REF reflectors ?

B/ Will the UP4DAR in the future support full stand alone operation as a modem and hold several memories with dstar repeaters so that a computer is no longer needed to operate it with a radio?

73 Phil.

• Hi,

We had already often the discussion about native support of DPlus on UP4DAR in the past.

The Dplus System is a closed source technology of American OM Robin AA4RC. In order to implement a DPlus client on UP4DAR we need a small technical support and especially formal acceptance by Robin, that he is fine with connection of UP4DAR to his network. Until now we did not get any clearance by Robin. Some OMs saying that it is easy to revers engineer the DPlus system for simple connection to the DPlus infrastructure. We are not planing to go this way.

As soon we have the „OK“ from Robin, we can ask him some details and start with the implementation of the support.

73 de Denis OE/DL3OCK

• Will the UP4DAR in the future support full stand alone operation as a modem and hold several memories with dstar repeaters so that a computer is no longer needed to operate it with a radio?

Yes, the main OS-developer Michael DL1BFF has this task with a very high priority on his to-do list.

73 de Denis OE/DL3OCK

• Hi,

We had already often the discussion about native support of DPlus on UP4DAR in the past.

The Dplus System is a closed source technology of American OM Robin AA4RC. In order to implement a DPlus client on UP4DAR we need a small technical support and especially formal acceptance by Robin, that he is fine with connection of UP4DAR to his network. Until now we did not get any clearance by Robin. Some OMs saying that it is easy to revers engineer the DPlus system for simple connection to the DPlus infrastructure. We are not planing to go this way.

I understand that the 'official way' is the best way.

As soon we have the „OK“ from Robin, we can ask him some details and start with the implementation of the support.

I regret that amateurs sometimes don't show more sympathy to each other. We're a small group. We need all the support we can get and I find it stupid to compete, that leads to frustration ... just my two cents.

I really hope that DPLUS will be included. That would make it a great device.

73 de Denis OE/DL3OCK