New product RMU V2.0 was introduced on HamRadio 2014

• Hi Dave,

Hi just getting reedy for when my RMU arrives is the 3v ldo reg i have to remove IC16
    Thanks Dave Browne 2E0DMB

you are right, to change voltage from 3V to 3.3V you have to remove the LDO IC16 and short circuit in- and output.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi Bernd
    thanks for the fast reply
    hows your RMU working,what range are you getting,what antenna are you using?
    were did you mount the sma connector,is there room to fit it on the top panel
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB

• Good morning Dave,

Hi Bernd
    thanks for the fast reply
    hows your RMU working,what range are you getting,what antenna are you using?
    were did you mount the sma connector,is there room to fit it on the top panel
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB

my RMU works ufb, I use it to cover my flat with D-STAR, never tested the range so far. I attached for this purpose only a small Diamond SRH805S. I used the built-in service of Denis, the sma-connector is mounted then on th side, see image attached. But I also know OMs who mounted the SMA-connector on top of the UP4DAR.

In the german part of the forum there are reports about the range of the RMU (Reichweite RMU ): With a mobile antenna at the window there are reports of a range of 500 meters, the widest reports were up to 1000 meters.

HTH & 73

Bernd, OE7BSH

• I just wanted to add that the UP4DAR + RMU makes a wonderful portable device to fine tune a repeater in the field, having a single device and the deviation metering.
    Did the job in a few minutes, and it made a big difference!

• Thanks for the info and photo,i have a hot spot at home using a rpi and an old kenwood radio,i am planning to use this at work and when I am out ,wifi from work or my smart phone,
    using a LB-LINK Pocket Travel Router model BL-MP01,Ican use my smart phone or laptop to change settings,new wifi networkon the router with the wifi web interface,so you dont have to connect the router to a computers rj45 network port,The router/access point,wifi repeater cost £10 from an ebay shop and is powerd by usb and has network cable out to plug in to the upfordar
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB

• I just wanted to add that the UP4DAR + RMU makes a wonderful portable device to fine tune a repeater in the field, having a single device and the deviation metering.
    Did the job in a few minutes, and it made a big difference! 73's de Marius, YO2LOJ ,

So am I correct in thinking I can use the up4dar with the rmu in modem mode to use as a low power dstar radio for testing?
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB

• Hi Dave,

So am I correct in thinking I can use the up4dar with the rmu in modem mode to use as a low power dstar radio for testing?
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB

For sure - you can use it for rx/tx with the RMU and a mic/speaker - and also for adjusting another repeater/hotspot as the UP4DAR shows deviation level, symbol rate and so on.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi Got my RMU in the post today
    will be fitting very soon
    does the rx/tx audio settings in the configure program need changing for the RMU board,as I have the up4dar set up for a Motorola GM350,
    Thanks Dave

• Hi Dave,

does the rx/tx audio settings in the configure program need changing for the RMU board,as I have the up4dar set up for a Motorola GM350,
    Thanks Dave

adjusting the TX/RX levels, deviation and so on is not necessary for the RMU - the parameters for the RMU are fixed within S.1.01.37e and P.0.02.23. In "my" RMU-UP4DAR are still the settings for a Yaesu FT-7800 :-)

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi I tested the output of the rmu and it is putting out 35mw on vhf and 40mw on uhf,
    is there going to be new firmware that remembers the RMU FRQ settings after the up4dar has been powered off?
    Thanks for the good work,Dave 2E0DMB

• Hi Dave,

is there going to be new firmware that remembers the RMU FRQ settings after the up4dar has been powered off?

frequencies of the RMU are stored here also after a power off. Try to connect to the UP4DAR with the configurator and push in the configurator "save to flash memory", maybe that helps.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH

• Hi Bernd
    Thanks that worked,
    just went for a walk to the next village that is 1km away from my house was using the up4dar as a hotspot in the down stars room with a 38cm 771 dual band antenna fitted to the top of the up4dar sitting on the bench ,so would have worked better if at upstars window,was using vhf and the rmu was working well,i was using a icom ic93e radio with the std antenna
    Thanks Dave 2E0DMB